dear potential new member,
As Vice President of Recruitment, I would like to thank you for your interest in Alpha Chi Omega. Alpha Chi provides its members with unique experiences, friendships, and memories that enhance the academic experience here at UCLA. Alpha Chi has provided me with countless opportunities for personal growth and development, as well as leadership. Joining a sorority is a fantastic way to meet strong, supportive women who will be there for you through the good and the bad. Alpha Chi is not just a sisterhood; it's a life-long support system. I am truly honored that my sisters have chosen me to represent them this year as we continue to welcome new women into our home.
VICE PRESIDENT OF RECRUITMENT
Going Greek is one of the best collegiate experiences, and Alpha Chi Omega is so excited that you are considering going through Fall Recruitment 2019 at UCLA. We encourage everyone to participate in UCLA's Greek life as it is truly an amazing experience that will change your life. The memories you make during the week of recruitment will be some of your most unforgettable as you embark on the journey to find a sisterhood you can call your own. We wish everyone the best of luck in finding your home away from home. So, have fun and be yourself!
Fall Recruitment Dates: Sep 23-29
For further information regarding recruitment or to register for Fall Recruitment 2019, visit https://www.uclapanhellenic.com or e-mail us at
A legacy is a potential new member who has a relative who is also a sorority or fraternity member. If you are specifically an Alpha Chi Omega legacy, this means your sister, mother, grandmother, or great-grandmother is an Alpha Chi Omega member. To make sure your prospective chapter knows you are a legacy, be sure to have your Alpha Chi family member submit a recommendation form and review our legacy policy.
Tips & Tricks for Recruitment
1. Bring water and snacks. You'll need to stay super hydrated so you don't lose your voice! Snacks will keep you energized and your stomach happy.
2. Bring shoes for when you walk from house to house. Heels on Hilgard are a tricky task. (Bandaids are also a good idea for any scratches and blisters!)
3. Pack some gum or mints, safety pins, oil blotters, a perfume sample, etc. in your bag to do touch ups as you go!
4. Make friends with your Rho Gamma. She will be your advisor and mentor as you go through this whirlwind of a process. The Panhellenic Council works diligently to pick the best girls for the job so rest assured that you're in good hands!
5. Don't Stress! Recruitment may seem scary, but you'll find girls in every house who truly consider it to be one of the best college experiences.
Be prepared for tiring, hot days but it'll all be worth it when you find your forever home on Bid Night!